Internal Process & System Control Officer
Closing: 17 Sep 2021
ARM Pensions5, Mekunwen Road Off Oyinkan Abayomi Drive Ikoyi, Lagos
Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of internal control reviews and procedures regarding the organization's process, systems, accounting structures and projects. Working in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure that potential risks and controls are adequately identified, measured appropriately and recommendations implemented.
• Conduct periodic evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal control system to ensure
the integrity of the system, improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
• Perform appropriate call-over of transactions consummated to ascertain validity, accuracy,
and completeness of transaction processed.
• Perform periodic stock count and validation checks on the company’s inventory
system/warehoused items to promote control visibility and inculcate sense of control
• Collaborate with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation
efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation
of corrective action.
• Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve
identified control deficiencies.
• Ensure business processes and systems are carried out in compliance with the approved
standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Develop, execute, and monitor adequate internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) in
line with best accounting practices and identifying appropriate risk and mitigation
• Monitor and ensure all system user accounts/privileges are approved with proper system
access parameters in line with their respective level of information access for their job
• Actively participate in the system change management activities within the firm including
reviewing and assessing user acceptance testing on system enhancements/change
• Involve in the optimization/upgrade of existing systems and business solutions and ensure
that controls that meet business requirements are embedded at all ends.
• Ensure projects are executed in line with approved mandates and service level
• Work with stakeholders to ensure that controls are fully embedded in the design of
processes and systems.
• Demonstrate project management skills, manage control to meet target dates within
budgeted financial commitments
• Innovate control automation techniques to minimize compliance cost for various processes
and procedures within the organization
• Maintain a culture within ARM Pensions that emphasizes and demonstrates the importance
of internal control to all staff and inculcate a sense of control awareness.
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
• Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CISA, PMI or any other relevant
professional programmes would be an added advantage.
5-7 years of relevant experience (post qualification) in financial service industry,
experience in a Pension or Investment Management Company would be an added
• Good knowledge of the operations of a Pensions or Investment Management environment.
• Commendable knowledge of pension regulations and the regulatory structure.
• Knowledge of system controls and system change management processes
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret
figures and other financial information
• Ability to communicate and manage risk and control issues.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
• Project Management experience and system related control issues.
• Good written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to address issues and effect change
• Ability to always demonstrate a professional and objective perspective
• Good knowledge with drafting and implementing process and system control related
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
You need to login with your account before you can apply for this job.
Experience5 - 7 Year(s)