IT Scrum Master
Closing: 11 Apr 2022
ARM Pensions5, Mekunwen Road Off Oyinkan Abayomi Drive Ikoyi, Lagos
The IT Scrum master will participate and ensure adherence to daily scrum, sprint planning and retrospective meeting as well as scrum theories, practices and guidelines. S/he will manage project scope, timelines, delivery and promote agile practices.
• Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Retrospectives).
• Communicate project status and risks to IT management.
• Manage projects in JIRA.
• Manage multiple projects at once.
• Be an articulate and proactive team member, and lead our teams to successful project delivery.
• Identify resistance and performance gaps and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
• Ensure timely completion of high quality and thoroughly documented deliverables.
• Drive lasting changes to the client’s ways of working by utilizing a consultative approach that focuses on defining and measuring customer value delivered at each milestone.
• Ability to manage overall delivery of IT strategic initiatives.
• Promote and reinforce agile practices.
• Optimize delivery within a project or program through insights and mitigation strategies for project risk management.
• Above all else, foster a collaborative team environment driven to build valuable solutions.
• Minimum of a first degree or its equivalent in a business /IT related discipline.
• Professional certifications such as Certified Scrum Master/Professional Scrum Master.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Agile/Scrum.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of the organisation to achieve broader insights into managing workstreams and outcomes.
• Capable of earning trust and influencing stakeholders without formal authority to achieve required results.
• Proficient with collaboration tools including Atlassian Jira and Microsoft Office applications.
• Flexible, collaborative, and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously to maintain teamwork and optimal project flow.
• Experience managing delivery by collaborating and negotiating with multi-disciplinary teams to shape a cohesive delivery approach and transformative value-driven initiatives.
• Experience working with Agile delivery methods like Scrum, waterfall, and hybrid systems.
• Experience facilitating Agile/Scrum ceremonies (i.e. stand-ups, backlog refinements, agile retrospectives, sprint reviews), decision making, and conflict resolution.
• A solid background of working with business analysts, subject matter experts, the delivery team, and other stakeholders to ensure common priorities, manage dependencies and remove impediments.
• Experience leading teams to implement digital technologies such as Mobile, RPA, DevOps, and Cloud Platforms.
Experience3 - 5 Year(s)
Competency- Team working
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Knowledge
- Communicating Effectively