Senior Portfolio Manager
Closing: 10 Dec 2023
ARM Pensions5, Mekunwen Road Off Oyinkan Abayomi Drive Ikoyi, Lagos
- The primary job function will entail managing diversified portfolios in accordance with regulatory guidelines as well as each fund’s specific investment policy statements. - The primary portfolio manager is expected to perform quantitative and qualitative evaluation of both the Equity and Fixed Income universe. -The ideal candidate should have exposure to both asset classes but demonstrate functional expertise in at least one of them. - S(He) must be able to conduct fundamental and technical analysis with the aim of making investment recommendations. - The area of coverage would not be limited to domestic markets but would extend to regional and global markets as well. - The candidate may be required to make investments in alternative asset classes such as Private Equity, Real Estate and Infrastructure. - The primary portfolio manager is responsible for generation of investment ideas and implementation.
- Devise and implement investment strategies for assigned diversified and multi-asset portfolios
- Build quarterly model portfolios and regularly develop investment strategies based on capital marketexpectations as well as current trends/themes.
- Prepare portfolio strategy documents and investment proposals and memos.
- Review fixed income and/or equity research reports prepared by investment analysts and translate these toactionable investment ideas for portfolios
- Build and maintain proprietary models to guide investment decision making.
- Assist the Head, IM in implementing investment strategies and seek best execution from counter-parties.
- Track portfolio performance and monitor implemented strategies
- Prepare and deliver regular presentations on the economy, industry trends, portfolio performance andmarket outlook to Executive Management, Investment Management Committee, Board of Trustees,General Staff etc.
- Work closely with business development team on client relationship management and achieving strategicbusiness objectives.
- Anchor the audit of the Investment Management department by regulators as well as external and internalauditors.
- Oversee portfolio management activities of secondary portfolio managers
- Responsible for the career development of investment analysts and secondary portfolio managers.
• A good first degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or Applied Sciences; Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of Six (6) years’ experience in Investment Research, Investment Management, Fixed Income Trading or other alternative Buy-Side function
• Ideal candidate would be a CFA Charter holder or a registered candidate of the CFA program
• The candidate should have excellent modeling, writing, presentation, communication andinterpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Bloomberg will be essential.
Experience6 - 8 Year(s)